The Brazilian Association of Magazine Publishers –ANER
Who we are
The Brazilian Association of Magazine Publishers (ANER), a FIPP member, is a non-profit organization, founded in 1986, that works for the benefit of consumer magazine publishers in Brazil.
The ANER Executive Board
- President and Chairman: Frederic Kachar – Editora Globo
- 1st Vice President: Alexandre Caldini – Editora Abril
- 2nd Vice President: Marcelo Salles Gomes – Editora Meio& Mensagem
- Treasurer: José Roberto Maluf – Editora Spring
- Officer: Alessandro Gerardi – Editora Escala Jalou
- Officer: Ernani Paciornik – GR1 Editora
- Officer : Paulo Afonso – Editora Escala
- Officer: Silvino Brasolotto Jr. – Editora Alto Astral
- Officer: Mário Cuesta – Minuano Comunicações
- Legal Advisor: Lourival Santos – Lourival J. Santos Advogados
- Executive Director : Maria Célia Furtado
- Contribute to the diffusion of reading.
- Promote the economic, cultural and editorial vigour of the magazine media, working with institutional and corporate segments.
- Defend the freedom of writing and publishing print and digital magazines in accordance with the Brazilian Constitution.
- Promote the union and the representation of magazine publishers, championing their work and the work of those in the magazine supply chain.
- Act as a force of knowledge, information and experience to its members and the community.
- Defend and promote freedom of advertising and increase ad spend.
The Brazilian Magazine Market – A Brief Overview*
- Magazine Titles: 5913
- Publishers: 336
- Magazine Circulation: 413 million copies sold in 2012
- Newsstands: 15536
- Other Points of Sale: 7940
- Average Cover Price: R$6,86 (US$3,08)
- Ad spend Data
- Detailed Circulation Data
*Unless otherwise stated, all data refers to 2012 and was supplied by magazine distributors and the Brazilian Audit Bureau of Circulation (IVC)
For further data about the Brazilian Magazine Market, please contact Raquel Stefani.
The ANER Magazine Forum
This annual event is the most important gathering of magazine publishers and executives in Latin America. This one-day event gives our publishers the opportunity to network and discuss relevant issues to our segment with members of the media from Brazil and abroad.
Past speakers include: Tyler Brûlé (Monocle), Samir “Mr. Magazine” Husni (University of Mississippi), Svida Alisjahbana (Femina Group – Indonesia), Rupert Heseltine (Haymarket Group), Jim Jacovides (Time Inc.), Juan Senor and John Wilpers (Innovation Media Consulting Group) and Chris Llewellyn (FIPP).
For images of past ANER Magazine Forums, browse our gallery.
For sponsorship opportunities and further information about the event, please contact Maria Célia Furtado.
Best Magazine Cover of the Year Contest
A good magazine cover not only increases issue sales but also remains in the readers’ mind. Since 2009, ANER has organized The Best Magazine Cover of the Year Contest in order to recognize the work put on by art editors, designers and journalists to make magazine covers.
Publishers send their magazine covers and a committee selects 16 magazine covers that are then displayed on a purpose built website. The Best Magazine Cover of the Year is selected via Internet voting. The Awards Ceremony takes place during the ANER Magazine Forum.
To view past winners and finalists, click here.
História Revista Book
Since 1986, ANER has been working to defend the interests of the magazine industry. Significant changes have taken place in the market and the world. The book História Revista celebrates the 25th anniversary of ANER, with history being told through the covers of the titles published by ANER members. To order copies (available in Portuguese only), please contact Raquel Stefani.
If you would like to receive the latest news (in Portuguese) about the Brazilian Magazine Market and updates on ANER events and activities, please send an e-mail to Julio Simões.